Central Virginia's Force for an uncontested divorce


UPDATE: AR Johnson Law will begin to allow clients who are fully vaccinated, at least two weeks past their last vaccination, and who have not been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 symptoms, or are having no symptoms or fever, to come into the office without a mask.  

For clients who are not fully vaccinated, a mask will be required.  

For anyone, vacinnated or not, exposed to anyone with Covid or Covid symptoms, or having symptoms themselves, entry into the office wil be denied. We have a drop box at the front door and the side door, and, with proper notice, will gladly accept documents curbside.  For in-office visits, with or without a mask, you MUST have a scheduled appointment and have not been exposed to Covid-19 in the previous 14 days, or have a negative Covid-19 test if you were symptomatic.  

We are limiting face to face meetings.  If you wish to keep track of the Supreme Court’s updates regarding Covid, go to  For additional information, visit and  Thank you!


The Law Office of AR Johnson

Attorney, Amanda Rieman Johnson

A full service law firm, offering affordable and effective legal services. 


Uncontested Divorces

Fast, Cheap, Affordable and Easy

Smiling Handshake

Uncontested Divorce

If you and your spouse agree on issues concerning the divorce, including property, custody and support, contact AR Johnson Law to help you achieve the dissolution of your marriage, without having to appear in court.

AR Johnson Law charges ONLY $395 for a simple, uncontested divorce plus the costs of court fees. AR Johnson Law has structured this low fee because of Amanda Rieman Johnson's ethical belief and value, whereby no one should be excluded from legal resources. AR Johnson Law truly believes that legal services should be obtainable and accessible to everyone. 

Contract Paper Signing

Property Settlement Agreements

AR Johnson Law can assist you with the drafting of a Property Settlement Agreement, "PSA." A PSA is a contract between you and your spouse, which will determine the terms of how to move forward in your lives, both during your separation and after the final divorce decree is entered.

If you have no children under the age of 18, you can file for divorce after 6 months of separation, as long as you have a PSA. Let AR Johnson Law help you move on with your life as quickly and noncontentiously as possible.  

Contract Paper Signing

Name Change

AR Johnson Law can assist you if you wish to restore your maiden name. If you need assistance motioning the Court to change your last name, call AR Johnson Law today.



If your spouse is unwilling to sign paperwork, AR Johnson Law can help you proceed with your case through the use of a 3rd party, who can serve the Court papers to the Defendant. Contact AR Johnson Law if you need assistance moving on with your life, despite the lack of cooperation from your spouse.

Image by Senjuti Kundu

Modificaition of Custody Orders

If you have a custody and visitation order in the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, and wish to change certain provisions, AR Johnson Law may be able to help. Give us a call today so we can learn more about your specific circumstance.

Image by Joanna Kosinska

Contract Review and Drafting

Catching Critical Contract Terms

Before you enter into any kind of binding agreement, contact AR Johnson Law to review your contract. By engaging with AR Johnson Law, you can take the first step in ensuring your interests are protected. Amanda Rieman Johnson can also draft contracts for you, which is a critical phase of any business transaction.

Amanda Rieman Johnson, Esq. has successfully completed and received a passing grade in Contract Law, through an online learning initiative of Harvard University, taught by a beneficial Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. With her knowledge and education, you can trust you've got an excellent contract attorney on your side.

With the state of our nation and the global pandemic of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, many people are being forced to reschedule major events. If you need help with a contract you have signed, with respect to what your options are in the wake of this virus, call AR Johnson Law today so we can ease your mind and help you achieve your desired results. 

AR Johnson Law now offers virtual consultations!

Image by Mari Helin

Agreements Offered

Customized to your needs

-Settlement and Release Agreements

A Settlement and Release Agreement evidences the agreement between parties and binds them to adhere to the terms agreed upon following a negotiation.

-Buy-Sell Agreements

A Buy-Sell Agreement is a legally binding contract that stipulates how a partner's share of a business may be reassigned if that partner dies or otherwise leaves the business. 

-Consulting Services Agreements

A Consulting Services Agreement is a contract that defines the terms of service between a client and a consultant. 

-Letter Agreements

A Letter Agreement outlines conditions and may be used for employment conditions between an employer and employee. It could also be used for an independent contractor who is providing a company with various services. A Letter Agreement manages expectations and protects both parties. 

-Operating Agreements

An Operating Agreement is a document that is used by Limited Liability Companies to outline the business' financial and functional decisions, including rules, regulations and provisions. 

-Option Agreements

An Option Agreement is a contract between a buyer and seller that gives the purchaser of the option the right to buy or sell a particular asset at a later date at an agreed upon price. 

-Pledge and Escrow Agreements

A Pledge and Escrow Agreement conveys title to property owned by a debtor to a creditor to secure repayment for some debt or obligation to the mutual benefit of both parties. 

-Promissory Notes

A Promissory Note is a signed document containing a written promise to pay a stated sum to a specified person at a specific date, or on demand. 

-Noncompete Agreements

A Noncompete Agreement is when one party agrees not to enter into or start a similar profession or trade in competition against another party. 

-Rental Agreements

A Rental Agreement is a contract between the owner of a property and a renter who desires to have temporary possession of the property.

...AND MORE! Call today at 540-764-4767 to inquire about what other contracts AR Johnson Law can assist you with. 

Wills and Power of Attorney

AR Johnson Law also offers Will and Power of Attorney drafting.

What is a will?

A will is a signed writing in which a person (often referred to as the “testator”) directs what is to be done with his or her property after death. Any mentally competent person who is at least eighteen years old may make a will.

What is a Power of Attorney?

A Power of Attorney is a grant of authority to a person during your life time to act in your place if you are unavailable or incapacitated. You have a say in ultimately who you approve as your guardian and/or conservator.



Clear your good name

Expungement is a process where an individual who has been arrested and charged with a crime, but was never convicted, can have records of the arrest and charges sealed from public view. A court action will need to be brought in the Circuit Court where you had your charges. If you don't have an experienced attorney on your side, expungements are very difficult to obtain because they require very specific circumstances. Call AR Johnson Law today if you want to finally close that chapter of your life.


Firearm Restoration

Your right to bear arms

If you're a convicted felon, the Virginia Code prohibits you from owning a firearm. However, an attorney on your side can assist you in getting your gun rights restored. There are many steps involved in this process, so calling AR Johnson Law is a good choice if you want your constitutional rights back.

Image by steve woods


Making your family complete

Adoption should be simple, but it's not. If you need assistance adopting a child because your spouse wishes to terminate their parental rights, give AR Johnson Law a call today to see if we may be able to assist.

Image by Nathan Dumlao


Impartial Resolution to Disputed Issues

Mediation is a dynamic, structured and interactive process whereby Amanda Rieman Johnson can act as an impartial third party to assist parties with resolving conflict. This process is private, but much more informal than going to court.

As Amanda Rieman Johnson, Esq. was once a Virginia Supreme Court Certified Mediator for General District Court you can trust that AR Johnson Law has the skilled communication and understands specific negotiation techniques to help you resolve conflict. All participants in mediation are encouraged to actively participate in the process.

Business Meeting

Academic Offenses

At AR Johnson Law, we assist students at every level of schooling, who may be facing academic disciplinary action. Whether you attend a public or private high school; a university or college; a graduate, professional or law school in Virginia, AR Johnson Law can help you in the midst of a potential educational crisis. AR Johnson Law also represents individuals dealing with Character & Fitness reviews before the Virginia Board of Bar Examiners. AR Johnson Law is here to guide you through what could otherwise be a complicated, scary and potentially life-changing experience.

Some students wonder if they need an attorney for student misconduct issues, and the answer is YES. If your school states a lawyer can not participate in your hearing, most likely the procedure will be legal in nature and AR Johnson Law can help  prep you for your crucial moment. Therefore, hiring Amanda Rieman Johnson, Esq. is not only helpful to your case, but completely necessary! AR Johnson Law can help you if your reputation is in jeopardy by offering mitigating advice that could be the difference between between sucess or a major setback. 

Making Notes

Public and Private School Disciplinary Action

Team Meeting

University or College Misconduct Hearings

Business Meeting

Graduate, Professional or Law School Disciplinary Proceedings

Image by Helloquence

Character and Fitness Hearings


Debt Settlement

Helping you during a trying time

If you are struggling with your bills and would like to settle any outstanding debts with your creditors, contact AR Johnson Law today. AR Johnson Law will send letters to your creditors and handle all further contact. AR Johnson Law removes the stress and burden for you by talking to your creditors and handling all communications, even drafting settlement and release agreements. AR Johnson Law will establish a dialog and rapport with your creditors and negotiate a settlement, then set up a plan to put aside the settlement money.


Quitclaim Deed

Transfer interest in real property

Quitclaim deeds are most often used to transfer property between family members, as gifts, placing personal property into a business entity (and vice versa) or in other special or unique circumstances. Quitclaim deeds are often used in divorce, whereby one spouse terminates any interest in the jointly owned marital home, thereby granting the receiving spouse full rights to the property: for example, when one spouse acquires the marital home in a divorce settlement, the other spouse could execute a quitclaim deed eliminating his or her interest in the property and transferring full claim to the other spouse, quickly and inexpensively. Call AR Johnson Law today if you are in need of a quitclaim deed.



The Answers You Need

I want to get a divorce, but your office is in Culpeper - is that a problem?

No - AR Johnson Law has successfully divorced clients as far north as Leesburg and as far south as Virginia Beach. Venue is proper in any jurisdiction, as long as neither party objects.

I tried to handle the divorce myself and it's a mess - can you still help me?

Yes - the laws in Virginia are nuanced and many times Clients are unable to obtain a divorce if they've used a website that claims to provide them with all the paperwork they need. Call AR Johnson Law to help you sort it all out.

How long will my divorce take to complete?

AR Johnson Law moves at the pace of the client. If all the paperwork is completed promptly and correctly, the process can be expedited.

Will my name automatically change once I am divorced?

No - you must petition the Court to change your name and the Judge must grant your order. AR Johnson Law can help Plaintiffs who wish to restore their maiden name(s).

My spouse is in prison - can I still get a divorce?

If your spouse is incarcerated in Virginia and will serve time behind bars for more than one (1) year, the Commonwealth considers them to have a 'disability' and a guardian ad litem must be appointed. Divorce is possible, but more tricky.

My spouse is on active military duty - can I still get a divorce?

Yes - additional waivers must be signed, but AR Johnson Law has experience with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.

I really think I can do this divorce without a lawyer - why should I call AR Johnson Law?

An experienced divorce attorney can help make a stressful experience less stressful. Clerks are unable to give legal advice, so if your divorce is denied, you may have no idea why. You need to ensure every single word is properly stated in your pleadings and AR Johnson Law is the choice to make if you need assistance.

My spouse and I agree on everything, so you can represent us both - right?

Although the divorce proceeding may be uncontested, the law still considers you and your spouse 'adverse' parties. Ethically, it is a conflict of interest for AR Johnson Law to represent both spouses in a divorce proceeding. However, AR Johnson Law strives to make the process very transparent - call today to learn how.

I want to change the last name for my spouse - can I do that?

No - you can not change someone else's name. AR Johnson Law is only able to restore the maiden name of the Plaintiff, which is the party the law firm represents.


Get in Touch

To contact us, please complete the form below or call us at (540) 764-4767. AR Johnson Law is located at 206 S. Main Street, Suite #204 in Culpeper, Virginia. If you choose to use the contact form, please understand that it does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and AR Johnson Law. Thank you for considering us to represent you!


Thanks for submitting!